Monday, August 26, 2013

Things I'm looking forward to at STGCC 2013


I'm posting this to help remind myself what are the highlights, booths and displays to look out for, and of course stuff to buy while I'm at STGCC 2013. Don't wanna get too overwhelmed there and forget haha!


First up: Uglydoll x Hello Kitty plushies! I'm a fan of Uglydolls since I met the creator David Horvath at STGCC 2009, and Hello Kitty is always popular. With the recent McDonald's Hello Kitty hype, hope the queue for this won't be as crazy!

Simone Legno, creator of the tokidoki brand. Wife and I are tokidoki fans and we look forward to buying the T-shirts, merchandise and of course getting Simone's autograph!

Life-size Hall of Armor! Hot Toys and Action City will display an exact replica of the Hall of Armor from Tony Stark’s Malibu mansion. This area will definitely be crowded with photographers.

Marvel booth! Besides meeting CB Cebulski & Cort Lane, I'm hoping for sneak peaks at Thor: The Dark World and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  Perhaps even full screening of the pilot episode like in SDCC??  :D

Living Card Game (LCG) at Rapid Culture booth. I used to be an avid trading card gamer and still keep all my cards and decks. Not sure if I wanna pick up this hobby again, but they have series I'm interested in like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. I'll drop by and play a demo game or two, then see how from there! :P

Adi Granov - illustrator, mainly for Marvel characters and probably most notable for the Iron Man: Extremis series. I really like his art style. His queue will probably very long though.

Joe Madureira or 'Joe Mad' to his fans. Best known for his work on Uncanny X-Men. Also expect to have long queue.

Other highlights include:
- the Hot Toys exclusive figures (maybe a good thing I'm not interested in them?)
- The Falcon's Hangar bringing in the convention exclusive Metroplex and ZC World's Manchester United figures (I'm a Red Devils fan!)
- Enterbay with their super-realistic figures of 'His Airness' Michael Jordan

Of course there are many others I have not listed but definitely worth a look. All these, and I haven't even mention the cosplayers! Looks like it's gonna be a busy weekend for me.

What are you looking forward to at STGCC 2013?
 

2 comments:

Come See Toys said...

Hall of armor and Marvel definitely! And also Play Imaginative.

Unknown said...

Oh yah, must drop by PI booth too. But hope I don't get poisoned into another toy line LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...