Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI

I'm a latecomer when it comes to Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures.  Just started showing interest when wife bought for me the War Machine for my birthday. So does this post mean I've bought the Iron Man Mark VI??
Nope! I borrowed this from a friend to take photos.  ;)


This first photo started out as just a shot of the deployed air flaps. Then I thought to include the arms in the swept-back flying position. I ended up photoshopping the city lights and motion blur into the background.
Iron Man in flight
Besides looking cool, I don't know how else those metal flaps under the air flaps assist in flying!


While Hot Toys figures come with cool accessories, lots of option parts and awesome face sculpts, the articulation is kinda limited. Or maybe I'm just not used to Hot Toys figures yet?
Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI

Here's the Mark VI together with my War Machine.
Iron Man and War Machine

Tony Stark and James Rhodes, just before the final battle with Vanko's military drones. The face sculpt is so identical to actors Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle that it's almost scary!
Tony Stark and James Rhodes

Tony: "You kicked ass back there. You can be my wingman anytime."
Rhodey: "Bullshit. You can be mine."

Top Guns

D'oh! Wrong movie.

I plan to get my own Iron Man figure when Hot Toys release the Mark VII from the Avengers movie.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...