Monday, July 29, 2013

Painting Hasbro Metroplex's face

One thing I don't like about Hasbro's Metroplex is his white face. So I knew I wanted to paint mine silver as soon as I got him. Fortunately, this is a very simple mod that improves Hasbro's Metroplex for me.

Step 1: Remove his black 'helmet' by lifting it forward, then gently unhinge the bottom from the pegs on both sides of his face.

Step 2: Unscrew the 2 screws at the back of his head and open up the head. The red visor can also be removed.

Step 3: Remove the face for painting.

Below photos show the original white face (left) and after painting it silver (right). I just used a silver marker bought at an art shop.



Wait for the paint to dry, then reverse the steps to fix back the face, head and black 'helmet'

Here's how the new silver face looks on him. Much better, yes?  :D  I chose not to fix back the red visor so that his eyes are visible even when his antennas are in the up position.


With his eyes lighted up.


Of course, you can just get the Takara or SDCC versions with chrome face. But I find those too shiny for my liking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...