Saturday, July 20, 2013

VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette

Everytime I'm on business trip in Tokyo, I try to find time to do a little toy hunting. :) During my last trip in March 2013, I manage to find this vintage VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette from the old anime Special Armored Battalion Dorvack (特装機兵ドルバック)

VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette


Side view of the box with 'vintage' price tag, haha!
VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette

Back of the box
VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette

Styrofoam insert. Unfortunately, it is missing 2 weapons. I have a complete Transformers G1 Whirl, so can take from it. The colour is different though.
VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette

The contents, including unused sticker sheet!
VH-64 MR Oberon Gazzette

Transformers fans will recognise this mold was used as G1 Whirl. Their helicopter alt mode looks like a mashup of an AH-64 Apache and AH-1 Cobra.
G1 Whirl and Oberon Gazzette

I like their helicopter mode because I grew up watching TV series like Blue Thunder and Airwolf. But even the most die-hard Oberon Gazzette/G1 Whirl fan has to admit the bot mode is crap!
G1 Whirl and Oberon Gazzette

Another famous vehicle from the Special Armored Battalion Dorvack anime is Mugen Calibur. I'll do a post about it next!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...