Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review: LEGO 10220 Volkswagen Camper Van (part 1)

LEGO Set No. / Name
10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

Where you got/bought it from
A local Lego store

No. of Minifigs
Zero

Parts
1332 + 2 sticker sheets



When I first saw this set, I admit I wasn't impressed. To me it looked like an unexciting van. But when I saw more photos of the details and the interior (especially the interior!) I got really interested.

Then I saw it in person at a local store. Wow, the box art and photos are awesome! Definitely one of the nicer ones I've seen. The box itself is quite big although a little thin. I was still hesitant to get this as it is not minifig-scale, but in the end the
details and the interior (especially the interior!) won me over.

Photos of the build

Chassis, floorboard and the
realistic-looking engine.
DSC_5870a

At this point, I decided to mirror-build my set to a right-hand drive vehicle, suitable for my local roads. ;)

At this early build stage you can start to see the details of the interior.

LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics

This van has everything, including the kitchen sink!
LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics 

The folding seat in the up position.
LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics

Folded down as a bed.

LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics

Accelerator, brake, clutch pedals and the gearshift mirror-built as right-hand drive.

LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics

Fold-up table for mobile wining and dining.

LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics

Wardrobe section with the "Make Lego models not war" T-shirt. (Too bad it's a sticker, not printed on.)

LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics

The rising roof mechanism.

LEGO VW Camper Van - build pics


To be continued in Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...